header Ottawa 3

Friday, February 03, 2006

More of the Same

I apologise for writing yet another post on how difficult it sometimes is to get things done in Brazil, but let it be known that today I went to not one, not two, not three, but four different banks/financial institutions to pay bills. Stop One: Bank #1 (my bank) where I paid for two out of four bills (long distance & cell phone) and withdrew enough money for the other payments; Stop Two: The Lottery Kiosk to pay the four bills for our phone lines; Stop Three: Bank #2 where I paid the condo fees; and Stop Four: Bank #3 where I prepaid for a hiking excursion that I will do this weekend. Such an enjoyable way to spend a sunny Friday afternoon!

4 Comments:

Blogger flying kiwi said...

I'm so glad I managed to avoid all of that in Colombia. My pay went into a foreign bank account, I withdrew it from an ATM, and my landlady dealt with all the bills. The banks (the queues in them, anyway) were downright scary.

2:24 a.m.  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

This may sound a bit obvious but is it not possible to pay via the internet? I hardly ever step foot in a bank and I'm thankful for that every single day!

3:52 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Well, because of administrator rights (or the lack thereof), I can't seem to download the right software for web banking ... Hopefully by the time the next round of bills comes around, I will have it all figured out!

10:36 a.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

I feel for you Karen....I haven't set foot in my bank since my Mom sent me a check!

2:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home