header Ottawa 3

Saturday, September 10, 2005

This Weekend's Project [a.k.a. More Gourds on the Brain]

Ah the weekend! Long live a little lie in and my morning cappuccino. This is the first weekend since mid July that I have either been home and/or without visitors. What a strange thought to have to entertain myself for once! Plans include a little trip into the historic part of Recife where the city has been jazzing up the old buildings as well as a foray into my latest gourd plans [seeing that the Great Pumpkin Experiment went so well].

Several weeks ago while foraging in a local market, I stumbled across a woman selling dried gourds. Well, I didn't physically stumble over her ... you know what I mean!


I quickly snatched up three of the best ones with the intent of turning them into graceful ballerinas.


Since then I have been haphazardly gathering up what I believe to be the remaining ingredients -- paint, paintbrushes, modelling dough, sealant, and wire to help shape the arms. I was going to start the modelling part last night, but realised that I needed to buy wire cutters before I could go any further. One more errand for today and then I think that I will be ready to start this latest experiment! If I never blog about this again, you can just imagine what has happened!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

You ARE the crafty one aren't you? Make sure to let us know how it turns out for you.

12:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well,if the final results are as beautiful as the one you left here in August, it will be worth the effort.

10:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home