header Ottawa 3

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Home

The concept of home is a funny one. No matter where I am heading, it always seems that I am going home. Whenever I would head to Montreal during the six years (!) that I lived in Ottawa, I would invariably say that I was going home. Of course, on Sunday afternoon, when it was time to return to Ottawa, I was also going home. When I left Brazil two weeks ago, it was clear that I was heading home. Yesterday, while I was packing my bags and getting ready to catch my flight, I knew that I would soon be home. No doubt, it isn't a bad thing to have too many homes! I was however a little bit sad to not be heading back to my little apartment in Ottawa, affectionately known as the Crackhouse. Although the majority opinion was of the mind that it was definitely time to move onwards and upwards, I still have some nostalgia for the nest that was my home for so many years. In any case, it was/is good to both go home and be home.