header Ottawa 3

Saturday, March 12, 2005

New Neighbours


There's a lot of construction going on in my neighbourhood these days, with high-rise condominiums and apartments going up all over the place. Since I arrived in September, a construction team has been preparing a plot of land for construction which is in direct view from my living room. In the last three weeks, construction has progressed quickly and, although I had always assumed that it would be more condos, I found out yesterday that it will, in fact, be a mega Wal-Mart with floors and floors of underground parking. Right there, off my livingroom balcony. Not exactly what you want to stare at while having a coffee on Saturday morning. I am consoled with the fact that Wal-Mart will likely not be building a floating store in Recife, so this shouldn't be my view for much longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home