header Ottawa 3

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

It's a Dog's Life


On my way home from Ibirapuera Park yesterday, I stopped to buy Felix a cat bed. I like to think that this is not a sign that I am turning into the Crazy Cat Lady. Rather, I thought that since Felix, poor kitty, spends almost as much time at my neighbour's place as he does here, that perhaps he would like his own little bed which he could take with him when he travels. For this quest, I went to Cobasi, the Sao Paulo pet superstore where I found aisle upon aisle of pet beds.

After such high hopes for a successful trip, I was a little disappointed in the selection of pet beds which were clearly not intended for the likes of Felix.
  1. Felix is not a dog. Brazilians are dog people and not cat people and this is reflected in the pet bed industry. Eighty percent of the beds in the store were clearly for dogs, either patterned with other dogs, dog bones, or dog houses. Even ones that could have been neutral pet beds, ended up having a small dog-related patch identifying the maker.
  2. Felix is neither a baby nor a girl-cat. Of the remaining twenty percent of non-species specific beds, ninety percent were covered in either baby material or very femimine material.
  3. Felix does not like lumpy pillows. Need I say more?

Fortunately, there was one bed which was just perfect for our feline hero. I quickly snatched it before anyone else could. As you can see, Felix is quite pleased with his new possession. Whoever said cats don't like the finer things in life?

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

As I was emptying my boxes and filling up my bookshelves, I nostalgically started flipping through my photoalbums and fell upon many many pictures of cats from my trip to Greece! Perhaps Greece, along with Egypt (at least historically), could be deemed cat nations!

6:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home