header Ottawa 3

Monday, February 07, 2005

137 Days


I have just spent the better part of today unpacking my sea shipment which has finally arrived, 137 days after being packed up from my place in Ottawa. Woo-hoo! For the most part, it has been a joyous reunion. I know that we are not supposed to be materialist, but here are some of the things I was quite pleased to see:

the wonderful tile coffee table that Larryji made a couple of years back. It will have a place of honour in the apartment.
my bike! I'm thinking about seeing if I can bike to work using all the backroads, but perhaps I should try it first on a Sunday...
my rollerblades! Headed to Ibirapuera park by bus this afternoon to try them out. Unfortunately half of Sao Paulo had the same brilliant idea, and while I had fun, speed and freedom was definitely not the name of the game.
books, books, books, especially my dictionaries and bescherelles; no more spelling or verb tense mistakes for me!
miscellaneous sewing and computing accessories that have prevented me from either sewing or computing to the fullest.

A few things that I wasn't expecting also arrived, including another box that was destined for long-term storage (that makes two now). Although now that they are here, I am sure that I will get lots of use out of my broken dustbuster and my job-finding binder from 1998! Also, and perhaps even more surprisingly, two rather large boxes and two smaller boxes filled with crumpled packing paper also arrived. No doubt used to fill up the extra volume in the crate, I sadly still feel the need to take out and straighten every piece of paper to make sure that I won't be throwing out anything important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home