header Ottawa 3

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Remember Night Court?

Yes, yes, Night Court of 1980s NBC television fame. Harry, Bull and the gang? Am I dating myself here?

A few weeks ago, my sister, cousins and I were playing Taboo and the word at hand was whisper. My sister, the tabooer, cleverly blurts out "George Michael sings of careless these." A perfect clue, followed by a perfect silence. Yes, silence! The tabooees stared straight ahead not even able to hazard a guess. Complete and utter silence. I couldn't believe it and, being on the opposing team, wasn't able to say a thing... But I digress, back to Night Court.

Last Friday, as part of Central Canada Exhibition (colloquially known as the Ottawa SuperEx, Harry Anderson was town for one of his signature magic shows. How could we refuse? We hustled off post-work and got in line to buy tickets for the ... not sold out show? How could this be? Judge Harry Stone was in town and Ottawa was at home sitting in their livingrooms? Granted, we had experienced a downpour of biblical proportions (welcome to Summer 2008), only an hour before, but still. I was a little bit disappointed with the turn out. The show was good - a tad on the shortish side and interspersed with other performance magicians - but hey, Harry was in fine form and I met 1980s sitcom icon (it was a rater intimate affair and meeting was entirely possible)! How cool is that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone how old you are.

And very cool that you met Harry Stone!

They still play that on re-runs on one of the low-powered stations here....I love it!

10:09 a.m.  
Blogger Magic Mark said...

I was really hoping that he would do his needle through the arm trick or some chapeaugraphy. Still, Harry Anderson is always great to see live.

11:51 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home