header Ottawa 3

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Yeah, We Have Gas

Victory! A mere twenty-nine days after arriving in Recife we finally have managed to procure a gas tank and connect it to our stove. The implications of this are enormous considering the fact that I have not lived in a fully-functioning apartment since May 13th and have been eating most meals out for the past eight weeks. While it might seem like fun to eat out for two months straight, I can attest to the fact that even this can get tedious. Although the situation did allow me to try lots of restuarants in São Paulo prior to leaving as well as to discover Recife's culinary offers upon arrival, it will be nice to settle down to a nice plate of homecooked food -- whatever it may be! Of course, the question remains: do I still remember how to use the stove?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

You're right, sometimes, especially in cases like yours, there is no substitute for a homecooked meal!

7:01 a.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Home cooking is good every now and then!

I guess I'm a spoiled American because I'm trying to imagine you with a gas cylinder living in a highrise.

That doesn't seem right to me, but then I've never really been right though : -)

6:02 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes ... I think that gas cylinders in houses are a no-no in Canada as well!

6:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home