header Ottawa 3

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Adventures of Settling In

It’s hard to believe that I’ve already been in Recife for three weeks. Why is it then that there are still huge holes in my walls where the air conditioners are supposed to go [… not so much fun when the pouring rain is blowing into the apartment…] and I still don’t have a home or cell phone? Well, the challenges around filling the holes are only the tip of the iceberg that is the adventure of setting up shop here in the steamy Northeast! I have lots of blog entries floating around in my head – including the Consulesa versus the Mould; Felix, the Office Kitty; Twenty Easy Steps to Purchasing Home Appliances; and Forró For All – which will make their way shortly onto caipirissima. Stay tuned as I finally start settling into rhythms of Recife and writing to tell the tale.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

I can't wait! Hurry, hurry!

3:02 a.m.  
Blogger Kirk said...

Welcome back!

12:39 p.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Welcome back!

6:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home