header Ottawa 3

Friday, January 07, 2005

The Air Shipment

On the morning of December 29th, boxes 23 through 58 of my shipment to Brazil arrived on my doorstep. Who knew that first, I owned so many things, and second, I thought it a good idea to ship them all to Brazil. To be fair, I did leave a lot of stuff behind, but as I watched the boxes and boxes of stuff piling into my kitchen, I realized that a lot of it followed me here as well. Then came the task of unpacking all the boxes and finding new homes for my possessions. Overall, there were no big surprises, no bags of garbage, no mice making their home in my bathroom towels, no unwanted insects or mold. There were a few things that did make me chuckle though: the Christmas tree and decorations (clearly a few days too late); a open-top sugar bowl with sugar still in it (a little bit stale by now); the computer and monitor without the keyboard and mouse; several piles of miscellaneous bills, receipts and envelopes; and one box which was clearly intended for long-term storage. In all, it was a good experience. Nothing was broken or chipped and everything has found a home for the moment. I’m crossing my fingers for the same luck for the sea shipment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home