header Ottawa 3

Monday, November 08, 2004

You can take the cat out of the one bedroom apartment, but you can’t take the one bedroom apartment out of the cat: a Felix Update

For all the Felix fans out there, here is an update on how the little guy is doing. I tried to let him write it himself, but it came out something like thhhhhhhhhhkwiuiiiiiiiiii777777777, which I didn’t think would make a lot of sense to the human readers out there. So I interpret!

Felix is adjusting to life in high society just fine. After his initial shock of spending hours and hours in a little box in a dark and turbulent cargo hold, he emerged victorious and immediately started to explore his new surroundings. Overall, he has quite a spread here – I think that the apartment is three or four times larger than our last one and Felix definitely takes advantage of the extra space. He loves running up and down the hallway as mush as he loves the balconies and the fact that he can go outside on his own and unsupervised. No kitty collar in Brazil necessary. The balcony also has several plants on it, so I think that Felix feels that he is in a small jungle. I should probably start to water the plants though, so that they don’t completely whither away (I’m thinking that I should only be allowed to invest in cacti).

One funny thing is the fact that even though Felix has all this extra space and access to the outdoors, he still pines for the hallway outside the apartment door (reminiscent of life in Ottawa for those who knew him). I don’t mind opening the door for him now and again, but I can’t help but think that the new apartment should be big enough for one girl and one cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home