header Ottawa 3

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Brazil!

So I’m moving to Brazil for three years. What a strange thought! Last year, after having lived in Ottawa and in my same little one-bedroom apartment for five years, I promised myself and my friends that I would move out before I was thirty-two (I gave my a few extra years to ensure success). One year later, I am not only moving out of the affectionately labeled crackhouse – which should perhaps be relabeled "pothouse" – I am moving to Brazil, thousands and thousands of kilometres away.

Brazil is a great country. It has a little bit of everything for everyone. It has huge metropolises with world-class restaurants, shows, and shopping; secluded beaches; historical towns and villages; the raging Amazon; the bird-filled Pantanal; some of the best street parties in the world; an amazingly friendly and open population; incredible richness and incredible poverty. In all, a mix that will make the next three years quite an adventure! So sit back and enjoy my musings and please feel free to comment should you so desire.

Agradecimentos: Thanks to Markzinho for setting up my blog and nurturing my inner geek. Um grande abraço!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home